Sunday, December 30, 2012

Merry Christmas to my Parent-In-Laws

It's been a while since I've last posted but I've been spending that time debating on what and how to make my Christmas present for my new in-laws.  I know that family is VERY important to them.  Therefore, I created a 'family' page for them and framed it in a 12x12 display box.  The photo I selected was our 'first' family photo taken during my wedding in Hawaii, which included my two parent-in-laws, my two sibling-in-laws, B and I, and of course, my own parents.  There were quite a lot of problems creating this layout.  Firstly, I was stressing out how to make this VERY nice since it's my first present for my new 'parents'.  Secondly, I screwed up a few times - making the flowers too poofy for the display case.  I almost had to redo the whole layout.  Good thing I found another 'flatter' flower.  I shouldn't have stressed out too much since at the end of the day, it was done and mailed.  I overheard the phone call between B and 'mamee' and they loved it.  Although I gave B some credit on the present (I had him write the Christmas card), they could tell I made the present.  Haha.

Paper: Can't remember!
Techniques/Tools: Cricut Pagoda, Paper Lace, Ribbons & Rosettes, Gypsy, Cuttlebug
Embellishments: Jolee's Boutique

No comments:

Post a Comment